Re: [patch 00/17] CFS Bandwidth Control v7.1

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Thu Jul 07 2011 - 13:29:17 EST

On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 12:23 -0400, Jason Baron wrote:

> yes, this is the type of case jump labels is designed for. Let me know
> if there are any usage questions/concerns.

Unrelated to this change, I was looking at a case where it would be nice
to have a way to specify the initial state of jump labels.

That is, currently:

jump_label_key foo;

if (static_branch(&foo))

will default to false, until jump_label_inc(&foo) etc..

I was looking to add something like:

jump_label_key foo = JUMP_LABEL_TRUE;

Which would initialize the thing to be true, the problem with that is
that it takes until the loop in jump_label_init() before that takes
effect, which was too late in my particular case.

Anyway, not the current problem and probably not your problem anyway,
but I wanted to throw the issue out there.