Re: device support VGA compat Matrox MGA G200ew

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Tue Jul 12 2011 - 18:41:24 EST

Linda Walsh <lkml@xxxxxxxxx> :
[...]
> The only other Matrox G200 related option under the DRM support, but it
> says it requires /dev/agpgart to be enabled. I know the computer doesn't
> have an AGP 'slot' (the card is built-in), but is is possible AGP
> would still be the choice for the interface?

Yes. lspci should list an AGP bridge.

See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1505532

X seems to know the G200eW. It may help you figuring if
drivers/video/matrox/* (see matroxfb_base.c for the IDs) can be made
to work with this revision or not.

No idea if in-kernel DRM support still works. Imho it will fly like
a brick.

--
Ueimor