Re: Kernel crash after using new Intel NIC (igb)

From: Maximilian Engelhardt
Date: Wed Jul 13 2011 - 09:45:38 EST

On Friday 27 May 2011 05:27:11 Eric Dumazet wrote:

> > > It does.
> >
> > True. I can't find any holes in this method and it resolves the "failure
> > to unlink from unused" case.
> >
> > Perhaps wrap the while(1) loop into its own primitive in atomic.h or use
> > an existing primitive?
>
> Sure, here is a formal submission I cooked.
>
> Thanks

Thank you for your patch. We have it running now for some time and didn't
observe any crashes.

I have one question left. We want to install the same card in another server
that is currently running Debian stable with a 2.6.32 kernel. Is this bug also
present in that version or has it been introduces afterwards? This server is
used by many people for Internet access, so it would be quite bad if it
crashes.

Thanks again for your work on the patch.

Greetings,
Maxi