RE: [RFC 0/6] watchdog drivers converted to the new framework

From: H Hartley Sweeten
Date: Thu Jul 14 2011 - 16:11:00 EST

On Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:01 PM, Wolfram Sang wrote:

>>> Try managed devices (devm_* and friends) for an extra cleanup bonus.
>>
>> Already done, just waiting for the framework... ;-)
>
> Nice :) Did you use my conversion-guide as a reference? Any comments if so?

Sorry, I didn't. I just worked it out from the framework core and looking
at your examples.

When I found the framework patches on lkml I couldn't get them into a state
to apply to my tree. I ended up manually applying all the pieces so I skipped
the Documentation stuff to save some time.

The conversion is pretty straight forward after examining the watchdog
framework files.

Regards,
Hartley--