Re: [GIT PULL] Native Linux KVM tool for 3.1

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Mon Jul 25 2011 - 08:42:07 EST

Hi Kevin,

On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 14:24 +0200, Kevin Wolf wrote:
> You've just chosen a different default. I'd argue that most users (i.e.
> not developers of the tool or the kernel) actually want to run with a
> disk image and graphics. You can type "qemu-kvm harddisk.img" and that's
> it. This is clearly superior to something as tedious as "./kvm run -d
> harddisk.img --sdl" and I can assure you that a bash alias is really not
> a solution for that.

I actually agree with you and we eventually want

kvm run harddisk.img

to do the right thing.

On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 14:24 +0200, Kevin Wolf wrote:
> So, as always, which set of command line switches works better for you
> depends entirely on your use case.

I actually don't agree. I think Qemu requires way too much configuration
from the user and doesn't try hard enough to provide best possible
defaults. Dunno how much virt-manager changes all that, though.

Pekka