Re: [GIT PULL] Native Linux KVM tool for 3.1

From: david
Date: Mon Jul 25 2011 - 15:22:23 EST

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011, Pekka Enberg wrote:

I don't think toyvisor2 will do, really. I originally wanted to call the
hypervisor 'pvm' for selfish reasons because quite frankly 'penix' just
doesn't have the prestige 'linux' has. However, Ingo convinced me that
'kvm' is a good name and I agree with that.

I'm open to alternative suggestions, though.

I don't have a suggestions, but KVM is already a common acronym in datacenters, referring to 'Keyboard Video Mouse" consoles (and associated switching systems)

it would be nice to to have this sort of conflict with a new name.

David Lang