Re: Where did Linus' git tree go?

From: Arnaud Lacombe
Date: Fri Aug 05 2011 - 10:36:14 EST

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Rob Landley <rob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I did a pull and it said the remote hung up unexpectedly.  About the
> fifth time I went to git.kernel.org and searched for "torvalds" and
> there's no 2.6 tree...  Checked the list but I don't see a post from
> Linus about it...
>
> Tree moved?  Transient glitch?  Nothing on lwn.net about it...

you missed a message. He pointed out on a "Note on Linux 3.0 and the
3.1 merge window" that the tree had moved from

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=summary

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=summary

but that the first one would be kept to maintain existing remote working.

Search for

to get the message original.

Now you or kernel.org may have had connectivity issues :)

- Arnaud