Re: list corruption in the last few days. (block ? crypto ?)

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Fri Aug 05 2011 - 13:01:47 EST

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011, Dave Jones wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 11:47:56AM -0500, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> > On Fri, 5 Aug 2011, Dave Jones wrote:
> >
> > > Not sure if you were addressing my original report (quoted above), or the networking
> > > related report in this part of the thread. But anyway, I had it turned on (as well as just about
> > > every other debugging option). I didn't see anything output from it though,
> > > just the LIST_DEBUG warnings.
> >
> > But CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON was off? If slab debugging was on then this could
> > be an issue with full slab list management instead of partial lists.
>
> $ grep SLUB_DEBUG_ON .config
> CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON=y

Argh another debugging code issue. Anyone who sees this please verify that
it also occurs with debugging off. I ran this code for 9 months in
various configs but only sporadically with debugging support since that
switches the lockless stuff. With the lockless ops on we cannot
establish a stable state of the object as needed for regular inspection
and verification of operations.