Re: PROBLEM: ThinkPad Edge: psmouse.c: TouchPad atisa0060/serio4/input0 lost sync at byte 1

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Date: Sat Aug 06 2011 - 18:26:48 EST

* Stephan Bertl (stephan@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> [1.]
> psmouse.c: TouchPad at isa0060/serio4/input0 lost sync at byte 1
>
> [2.]
> Hi, i have got a ThinkPad Edge 11 with TouchPad and TrackPoint, and the
> TouchPad repeatedly looses sync, so it ´hangs for some seconds, i tried
> various workarounds with kernel parameters like i8042.noloop
> i8042.nomux=1 psmouse.proto=imps etc... nothing really works.

Is this something that started happening on recent kernels or has it
always happened on that hardware?

When it loses sync what are the symptoms - does it just blip for a second
or so and you get that message, or do you get a 10s of seconds lockup
that also involves the keyboard?

I ask because one of my fathers machines has developed a repeated
PS/2 resync problem that I'm trying to track down; it's symptoms
are that it apparently locks up with no keyboard/mouse response
for a while and if it's lucky then does a resync.

Dave
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux | Happy \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | | In Hex /