PROBLEM: no autoconfigured link-local address on a bridge when it'sUP (>= kernel 2.6.39)

From: Emeric VERSCHUUR
Date: Sat Aug 06 2011 - 18:33:59 EST

Hello,

When I create a bridge interface and set up it, there are no local
link IPv6 address automaticaly attributed to my bridge interface

keywords: kernel module bridge ipv6 local-link

Steps to Reproduce (very easy):
* use my attached kernel config (kconfig-2.6.39 or kconfig-3.0.0)
* create a bridge: brctl addbr br0
* set up the bridge: ip intf set br0 up

Expected result:
An local link IPv6 address (type Scope:Link) must be autoconfigured on my bridge

Actual result:
There are no local link address (you have to add it manually)

Detected in version 2.6.39 and 3.0.0

INFO: I have perform the test with 3 version and with the exactly same config:
2.6.38 [OK] (kconfig-2.6.38)
2.6.39 [KO] (kconfig-2.6.39)
3.0.00 [KO] (kconfig-3.0.00)

I would know if it's an kernel config error or really a regression in
the bridge module.

Best regards,
Emeric Verschuur