new sparse warning fs/cifs/cifsfs.c:168:15: warning: dereference ofnoderef expression fs/cifs/cifsfs.c:542:15: warning: dereference of noderef expression

From: Steve French
Date: Sun Aug 07 2011 - 12:22:57 EST

I noticed a series of sparse warnings (on all calls to cifs's GetXid
after building on a newly install fc15 system (yum installed a sparse
binary dated June 23).

fs/cifs/cifsfs.c:168:15: warning: dereference of noderef expression
fs/cifs/cifsfs.c:542:15: warning: dereference of noderef expression

Has sparse changed to add a new warning - I see (from quick search)
others getting this on other modules years ago, but I didn't see
anything obvious wrong with the definition of the function, and I
hadn't noticed sparse complaining about it before, and would like to
remove the 50+ new messages as they clutter the build output.
--
Thanks,

Steve