[RFC] Moving magnetometer HMC6352 into IIO subsystem

From: Jonathan Kunkee
Date: Mon Aug 15 2011 - 16:04:13 EST

Hello all,

Should the HMC6352 digital compass driver (drivers/misc/hmc6352.c)
be moved under the IIO subsystem (drivers/staging/iio/magnetometer)?

Magnetometers act as ADCs and can have high sampling rates and
complex internals, so I think that according to
drivers/staging/iio/Documentation/overview.txt they should almost always
land in IIO land.

I would be willing to work on the change as I want to submit a similar
driver for the HMC6343 magnetometer/accelerometer as well.

Thanks!
Jon Kunkee