[ANNOUNCE] fbdev maintainer change

From: Florian Tobias Schandinat
Date: Tue Aug 16 2011 - 03:22:35 EST

Hi all,

as Paul hasn't been able to catch up with the patches lately and as already about half of the development cycle passed I decided to take over maintaining the fbdev subsystem, at least for now. So please send all patches you want to go mainline via fbdev also directly to me in addition to sending them to linux-fbdev.
Please help me to avoid picking up outdated, buggy versions of your patches by resending your final, bug-free ;) version if they are not already included in 3.1-rc2. I'll be on vacation for a week now, so do not expect immediate response, I just wanted to give you some time to polish your patches. When I'm back I'll start setting up a fbdev-next branch, probably based on 3.1-rc3, and adding your patches to it. So feel free to drown me in patches.
I want to say thanks to Paul for his work, as well as all those people who made the fbdev subsystem such a great thing during the past decades and to those who are still working to make it even better.

Thanks and happy coding,

Florian Tobias Schandinat