Re: [uml-devel] Floating point problems on UML - help needed

From: Richard Weinberger
Date: Thu Aug 18 2011 - 06:45:49 EST

Am 18.08.2011 08:29, schrieb Stanislav Meduna:
On 17.08.2011 22:58, Richard Weinberger wrote:

It looks like FPU registers get sometimes lost after switching between
two or more threads.

This is probably a bug in UML I reported nearly three years ago.
For me mode=skas0 worked aruond the issue.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.uml.devel/11824/focus=11840

You might try the patch posted in
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.uml.devel/12158
(I don't have the environment to test it anymore)

Cool, saving the FP registers explicitly on each task switch solves the issue.
Do you know why Ingo's patch was never applied?
Ingo?

Thanks,
//richard