Re: trigger_all_cpu_backtrace() has no generic implementation (wasRe: [regression, 3.1, rcu] rcu_sched_state detected stall on CPU 8 (t=15000jiffies))

From: Don Zickus
Date: Mon Aug 22 2011 - 11:47:48 EST

On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 10:20:56AM +1000, Dave Chinner wrote:

> It would appear to be because include/linux/nmi.h does not do
> #include <asm/nmi.h> where arch_trigger_all_cpu_backtrace is
> defined.
>
> I think this is the case from looking at the build deps for
> rcutree.h: I see include/linux/nmi.h but no asm/nmi.h. It appears
> that asm/nmi.h is only included if this config ifdef is true:

*sigh*. It seems as though I broke this with commit
4a7863cc2eb5f9804f1c4e9156619a801cd7f14f when I tried to cleanup
the namespace a little bit.

I am going to have to find a file to move the #define arch_trigger_* stuff
to. Forcing it to include the asm/nmi.h file with the LOCKUP_DETECTOR
config option disabled screws up all the touch_nmi_watchdog logic.

Maybe I can stick it in an asm/irq.h header file or something that gets
included from a top level linux/*.h file. Dunno.

Sorry about that.

Cheers,
Don