Re: using mce_inject I get: RIP 10:<ffffffffa012c909> {ttm_bo_unref+0xf/0x45[ttm]}

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Tue Aug 23 2011 - 14:02:07 EST

On 08/21/2011 03:16 PM, Andi Kleen wrote:
On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 07:31:06PM -0700, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
not sure if I am running mce_test correctly, but during its routine of
testing things I do get a pause with everything, then the below shows up
in dmesg..:

The message is expected, but there should be no noticeable
pause.

-Andi

o.k. I have reset the kernel to 2.6.36 and ran the test program in
init 3(since radeon is crapped out with that kernel). anyways
with 2.6.36 I can see the cursor on the bottom left blinking throught the whole tests telling me there is no pause(all timeouts given, give no pause).
with the current in init 3 I see the cursor pause for 2/3 seconds.

I will start a bisct on this, but need some help on how to proceed properly i.g. I get an error with gcc building:

LD init/built-in.o
VDSO arch/x86/vdso/vdso.so.dbg
gcc: error: elf_x86_64: No such file or directory
VDSO arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-int80.so.dbg
gcc: error: elf_i386: No such file or directory
VDSO arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-syscall.so.dbg
gcc: error: elf_i386: No such file or directory
VDSO arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-sysenter.so.dbg
gcc: error: elf_i386: No such file or directory
CC kernel/trace/trace.o

its easily fixable, but not sure its a good idea due to bisect going through commits(afraid I might go astray with the bisect if I add any patches).

Justin P. Mattock