Re: using mce_inject I get: RIP 10:<ffffffffa012c909> {ttm_bo_unref+0xf/0x45[ttm]}

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Sat Aug 27 2011 - 11:03:36 EST

On 08/23/2011 01:15 PM, Luck, Tony wrote:
its easily fixable, but not sure its a good idea due to bisect going
through commits(afraid I might go astray with the bisect if I add any
patches).

Rather than fixing a bad build - you can try moving to a nearby commit
(use "gitk" to get a view of the structure around the commit that git
bisect suggested). In the early stages of a bisection, it doesn't really
matter much if you build the mid-point that bisect provided, or some
nearby on - just be sure to mark good/bad the commit you actually built.

-Tony

well.. after bisecting(with no results), I found that something in my .config was causing this, so after looking through, I found that having X86_MCE_INJECT = y causes the pauses when the timeouts occur

let me know if I need to supply any info.

Justin P. Mattock