Re: [next] unix stream crashes

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Thu Sep 01 2011 - 20:49:31 EST

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 22:46:32 +0200, Jiri Slaby said:
> Hi,
>
> my box 100% crashes when booting. It's both in unix socket recv and send
> paths. I've reverted 0856a30409 (Scm: Remove unnecessary pid &
> credential references in Unix socket's send and receive path) and it
> seems to help.
>
> The oops:
> http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xslaby/sklad/panics/af_unix_crash.png

I was seeing a 100% repeatable crash with the X server starting as well, but
wasn't able to get a traceback because my X server was doing the modeset before
it crashed (so all I got was a black screen) and netconsole is busticated for
me. I can confirm that reverting that one commit allows my box to boot and get
X up and running as well.