Re: kernel oops and panic in acpi_atomic_read under 2.6.39.3. calltrace included

From: rick
Date: Fri Sep 02 2011 - 19:32:55 EST

Hi Huang,

Sorry for the delay in my response. Hurricane Irene delayed our testing a
bit.

I had to switch the 5620 CPUS I had for 5670s. After 4 days of running
(it was usually about 2 before) I finally got this output in dmesg:

[337296.365930] GHES: gar accessed: 0, 0xbf7b9370
[337296.365936] ACPI atomic read mem: addr 0xbf7b9370 mapped to
ffffc90013ee8370

It is not mapped to 0 as expected, but it didn't crash now!

Thanks,
Rick