kernel: 3.1-rc4: disk tracing query

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Mon Sep 05 2011 - 18:01:34 EST

Hello,

I found that samba seems to stat() the filesystems that are shared out even if you are not accessing the ones in question, e.g.:

/raid
/home/user

If I access the server by \\name it will check all of the directories and thus wake the raid.
For now I've disabled samba to stop this behavior.

However, I am still noticing my raid waking up from time to time, I've tried using gresecurity to track down what is getting exec()'d before it wakes but I have not had any luck finding out what it is-- no useful notes in the raid ctrl logs either.

Is there a way I can get the kernel to log what program/syscall/etc is trying to access a particular block device so I can find out what is causing the raid to wake up?

Justin.