Help with implementing some form of barriers in 3.0 kernels.

From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
Date: Wed Sep 07 2011 - 13:50:11 EST

Hey Christoph,

I was wondering what you think is the proper way of implementing a
backend to support the 'barrier' type requests? We have this issue were
there are 2.6.36 type guests that still use barriers and we would like
to support them properly. But in 3.0 there are no barriers - hence
the question whether WRITE_fLUSH_FUA would be equal to WRITE_BARRIER?

Or is there some other things that we should take in consideration?

Thanks!