Re: [RFC] Kbuild: allow code re-use across different directories

From: Nicolas Pitre
Date: Thu Sep 08 2011 - 19:35:03 EST

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:

> you missed:
>
> # Make sure files are removed during clean
> -extra-y += piggy.gzip piggy.lzo piggy.lzma lib1funcs.S
> +extra-y += piggy.gzip piggy.lzo piggy.lzma
>
> This confused make.

Well... that was suttle.

So yes, your patch may certainly be useful to a couple cases, and it
works fine for this lib1func.S.

It doesn't help me much in the following situation though. What I
actually want to achieve is to compile arch/arm/boot/compressed/fdt_rw.o
from scripts/dtc/libfdt/fdt_rw.c, however I want it to include my local
version of libfdt_env.h rather than scripts/dtc/libfdt/libfdt_env.h. I
still haven't found a way to convince gcc to do that.

Nicolas