Re: [patch v3 19/36] Hexagon: Add ptrace support

From: Linas Vepstas (Code Aurora)
Date: Fri Sep 09 2011 - 17:18:19 EST

On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 10:15:20PM +0200, Jonas Bonn wrote:

> That said, I don't think gdbserver has been updated to use
> GETREGSET/SETREGSET. This is a bit like the uClibc/glibc issue,

Some dumb questions then: I notice that a few arches declare
struct user_regs_struct in glibc, most of the others in the
kernel. If I were to make pt_regs completely kernel-private,
then I really do need to have struct user_regs_struct declared
the kernel headers, right?

Putting a printk into case PTRACE_POKEUSR seemed to show that
gdb was using this (and was somehow mis-numbering the registers
... sigh.) Are you saying that the default should handle this?

--linas