Re: Temporary -rcu tree location

From: Paul E. McKenney
Date: Mon Sep 12 2011 - 20:24:39 EST

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 02:11:05AM +0200, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
>
> > PS. If someone knows how to make github delete a branch, please let me
> > know, as this would allow me to use the "rcu/next" nomenclature.
> > Yes, it is probably obvious, but I am new to github...
>
> git push origin :branch should work everywhere, right?

Here is what happens when I try that:

git push github :rcu/next
Username:
Password:
error: unable to push to unqualified destination: rcu/next
The destination refspec neither matches an existing ref on the remote nor
begins with refs/, and we are unable to guess a prefix based on the source ref.
error: failed to push some refs to 'https://github.com/paulmckrcu/linux'

So what am I missing here?

Thanx, Paul