Re: 3.0.1: pagevec_lookup+0x1d/0x30, SLAB issues?

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Wed Sep 14 2011 - 09:10:24 EST

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011, Justin Piszcz wrote:

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011, Eric Dumazet wrote:

Hi,

Thanks-- patch applied and booted to the new kernel, so just so everyone knows, I am running three patches atop of 3.1-rc4:

(for the igb problem/memory allocation issue)
0001-Fix-pointer-dereference-before-call-to-pcie_bus_conf.patch
0002-PCI-Remove-MRRS-modification-from-MPS-setting-code.patch

(for the RCU/memory errors)
0003-filemap.patch

I will try to perform more load tests on the NIC and CPU/MEM/I+O and see
if any of my problems return!

Justin.

Hi,

Been running a lot of stressful jobs and will let them continue, so far,
no ERROR, WARN or OOPS yet.

3.1-rc4 + the three patches above seem to fix the problems (thus far).

Does anyone know when the bugs were introduced into the kernel, as some/all
of these problems also happened with 3.0.x.

Justin.