Regulator constraints and userspace consumer

From: Marcus Folkesson
Date: Wed Sep 14 2011 - 14:54:50 EST

Hello there,

I'm currently working with a custom made board based on a OMAP-l138 processor.
I've a few questions about the regulator interface.
The regulators is registered and loaded correctly with well-defined constraints.
I have also registered userspace consumers for each regulator.

* One regulator constraint is set to 1000mV as min and max in the
boardfile. The default voltage for that regulator is 1125mV (the
regulator has this output when powered up).
  What is the most accurate way to set the voltage for these
limitations when the system starts up? There is apparently no check if
the default configuration is within limits as the regulator stays on
1125mV.
When I'm looking in the userspace consumer (/sys/class/regulator/),
the "max_microvolts" and "min_microvolts" is set to 1000000 but the
"microvolts" is set to 1125000.

* I want to change the output voltage from userspace on demand. What
is the most proper way to do this? If I have understand correctly, the
userspace consumer just exports interface for switching on/off the
regulator, is that correct?

Thanks in advance!

Med vänliga hälsningar / Best regards
Marcus Folkesson