3.1-rc6 boot problem reason searching

From: werner
Date: Wed Sep 14 2011 - 22:42:13 EST

With M586 it also boots.

Enclosed is the dmesg , if of any importance (ignore that the kernel is named -i486, this is only because I don't want to rename everything, hoping that soon M486 returns to work).

Below is also the diff which config's are changed implicitely on changing from M486 to M586 .

Thus, the problem is between M486 and M586 , compiled with 486 it don't boot, but compiled for 586 it boots.

Alias, M686 runs the whole day without any other problems.

You can suggest me now a next config to try out for better find the reason for the problem.

wl

bash-4.1# cd /boot
bash-4.1# diff .config config
3c3
< # Linux/i386 3.1.0-rc5 Kernel Configuration
---
# Linux/i386 3.1.0-rc6 Kernel Configuration
303,304c303,304
< CONFIG_M486=y
< # CONFIG_M586 is not set
---