Re: [linux-next] ASoC: sound/soc/samsung/neo1973_wm8753.c buildfailure

From: Mark Brown
Date: Thu Sep 15 2011 - 09:31:26 EST

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:00:56PM +0100, Russell King wrote:

> We now have a sane policy: entries which aren't fully up to date are
> automatically dropped. Entries for which there is no platform support
> file merged within 12 months of the entries last edit are dropped also
> automatically dropped.

Yes, yes - I'm aware of this.

> Face it, GTA01 is dead as far as mainline is concerned.

> If it's not dead then it needs sorting out. Either way there's two
> valid states: 1. fully merged, or 2. none of it is merged.
> There's no real half-way house state - certainly not one which should
> persist for three years. (It would be reasonable for maybe a couple
> of kernel releases but more than that is becoming very much a joke.)

I'm not really aware of what's going on with the arch/arm code but from
an ASoC point of view it's one of the platforms people seem to usefully
care about; there's more traffic than for most machines. Obviously the
problems with s3c24xx aren't going to have been helpful either.