Re: 3.1-rc6 boot problem reason searching

From: Wanlong Gao
Date: Thu Sep 15 2011 - 21:35:08 EST

On 09/16/2011 09:27 AM, Andrew Lutomirski wrote:
2011/9/15 Linus Torvalds<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 6:10 PM, werner<w.landgraf@xxxxx> wrote:
Meanwhile 3.1-rc6 with the patch by L.T. is compiled, and it boots, with the
original allyesconfig with M486 , so that insofar that problem is resolved.
So that 95% of the population of poorer parts of the world (which have 486
computers) continue to be benefited also by version 3.1 .

Thanks for testing.. I suspect you're the only one who ever actually
builds i486 kernels any more - at least development kernels ;)

Would you prefer for me to test your patch or to submit my one-liner?

--Andy

Andy:
Please see commit a7f934d4f16144cb9521b62e9b8c9ac0118097da
Thanks
-Wanlong

Linus