stable patch queues and submission

From: Greg KH
Date: Fri Sep 16 2011 - 14:23:56 EST

> Hi All,
>
> With kernel.org being down, the stable@xxxxxxxxxx list is no longer
> working. This leaves me wondering if we should send patches directly to
> the various stable tree maintainers with [stable] in the prefix and
> linux-kernel CC'd, or if the stable queues are even being maintained
> during the outage.

No, please do not, unless you need something "special", and even then,
please cc: lkml and the developers so it's not lost.

> Does anyone have a preference or suggestion on how to continue stable
> releases until the list comes back? (I'm assuming 'wait' isn't really a
> best all around option.)

Wait and continue to add the marking to your patches, my scripts are
still running and pulling the patches out and they are going into the
stable queue just fine. The queue just isn't public at the moment due
to kernel.org being out.

greg k-h