Re: [BUG] i915 crashes X Server Constantly on Linux-3.1-rc4 to .rc6

From: Tarkan Erimer
Date: Mon Sep 19 2011 - 09:06:52 EST

On 09/19/2011 01:10 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
This is one the true error in the midst of this spew.

Aside from the one modesetting error, these messages are all secondary
to the crash (and are really just debugging spew whilst switching
modes from X to console, console to X). Can you please attach the
Xorg.log containing the crash? Or maybe gdm.log etc? Also what happens
regularly every 30minutes; a particular screensaver or dpms?

Hi Chris,

I did a bit more digging and found out that it mostly happens when trying to open some flash based sites on Firefox and Chromium. I've attached Xorg.log, but it seems like no errors related to these crashes. But kdm.log has some interesting error messages that may be useful. I've attached kdm.log as well.

Cheers,

Tarkan

--
Tarkan Erimer
IT Service Deployment / 3rd Level Support / Snr. Linux Engineer