Re: [GIT] CIFS Fixes

From: Steve French
Date: Tue Sep 20 2011 - 01:34:46 EST

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 12:13 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Steve French <smfrench@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>  git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git master
>
> No diffstat? And why is it all totally newly rebased? How much testing
> has any of this gotten?

Sorry - cut and paste error. Diffstat included below. This had been
in linux-next since
before the kernel.org problems (thus the delay) and has been tested
against various
versions of Samba and Windows. I am actually at the Storage Developer
Conference CIFS/SMB2 plugfest testing this week with others on the
Samba team, against various types of servers. There is one additional
fix that I would like to send later (setting extended security flag by
default, working around a Windows problem we found when upgrading
ntlmv2 default behavior) which I did not include since I want to do
testing against a wider variety of servers here this week.

The following changes since commit 9d037a777695993ec7437e5f451647dea7919d4c:
Linus Torvalds (1):
Merge branch 'irq-fixes-for-linus' of
git://tesla.tglx.de/git/linux-2.6-tip

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git master

Jeff Layton (1):
cifs: fix possible memory corruption in CIFSFindNext

Pavel Shilovsky (1):
CIFS: Fix ERR_PTR dereference in cifs_get_root

Shirish Pargaonkar (1):
cifs: Fix broken sec=ntlmv2/i sec option (try #2)

Steve French (1):
Fix the conflict between rwpidforward and rw mount options

fs/cifs/cifsfs.c | 10 +++++---
fs/cifs/cifssmb.c | 3 +-
fs/cifs/connect.c | 4 +-

Thanks,