Questions for dummy codec driver

From: Leo Yan
Date: Tue Sep 20 2011 - 22:22:58 EST

hi all,

I have a question for the dummy codec.

As you know, sometimes maybe we only need set the timing from the processor, and codec just only need tx/rx data; So there do not need the codec driver.

After browser the code, there have NO such a dummy codec driver; and for soc-core, there have not such flags to support this situation.
Only what i get is sound/soc/codecs/spdif_transciever.c, but it's specific for TI's DaVinci platform.

I want to get the right direction, so here have some works or discussing for that?

Thx,
Leo Yan