Announcing the International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval

From: IJMIR (Leiden University)
Date: Thu Sep 22 2011 - 12:55:21 EST

Dear Colleagues,

It is our pleasure to introduce the first journal on multimedia retrieval:

The International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval (IJMIR)
published by Springer together with Leiden University.

http://www.springer.com/computer/journal/13735
(the site is now open for paper submissions)

There are 3 paper categories:
- Regular Research Papers (up to 14 pages)
- Short Research Papers (up to 8 pages)
- Trends and Surveys (up to 20 pages)

with an expected average decision time of 3 months.

The International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval
is a scholarly archival journal publishing original, peer-reviewed
research contributions. Its editorial board strives to present
the most important research results in areas within the field
of multimedia information retrieval. Core areas include
exploration, search, and mining in general collections of
multimedia consisting of information from the WWW to scientific
imaging to personal archives.

The success of the journal will depend on the quality of the
submissions and so we hope that you will submit some of your
high quality papers.

Sincerely,

The IJMIR Editorial Board

-------------------------------

Editor-In-Chief: Michael S. Lew, Leiden University, The Netherlands

Senior Editors:
Thomas S. Huang, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
Ramesh Jain, University of California at Irvine, USA

Section Editors:
Erwin M. Bakker, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Mark Zhang, SUNY Binghamton, USA

EDITORIAL BOARD
Kiyo Aizawa, University of Tokyo, Japan
Alberto del Bimbo, University of Florence, Italy
Shih-Fu Chang, Columbia University, USA
Tat-Seng Chua, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Peter Enser, University of Brighton, UK
Alan Hanjalic, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Richard Harvey, University of East Anglia, UK
Horace Ip, City University of Hong Kong, China
Corinne Jorgensen, Florida State University, USA
Joemon Jose, University of Glasgow, UK
Ying Li, IBM Research
Paul Lewis, University of Southampton, UK
S. Marchand-Maillet, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Stefanie Nowak, Fraunhofer IDMT, Germany
Vincent Oria, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
Stefan Rueger, Knowledge Media Institute, UK
Yong Rui, Microsoft Research
Shin\'ichi Satoh, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
Malcolm Slaney, Yahoo! Research, USA
George Tzanetakis, University of Victoria, Canada

This email was originally sent to linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Use this URL to be removed from our email list:
http://press.liacs.nl/email/rememail.php?id=iGat3KlyvPlPjZQbL8mQyO0lZPCWxQ8CCtW9