man-pages-3.34 is released

From: Michael Kerrisk
Date: Fri Sep 23 2011 - 04:17:02 EST

Gidday,

I've released man-pages-3.34.tar.gz - man pages for Linux

Because of the kernel.org problems, the release artifacts are in
different locations than usual (and some of these changes may become
permanent):

This release tarball is available for download at:

http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/download/

The online changelog is available at
http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/changelog.html#release_3.34 (blogged at
http://linux-man-pages.blogspot.com/2011/09/man-pages-334-is-released.html
) and the current version of the pages is browsable at
http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/

A git repository for man-pages can be found on github. You can clone
the repository with the command:

git clone https://github.com/mkerrisk/man-pages.git

A few changes in this release that may be of interest to readers of this
list are listed below.

Cheers,

Michael

==================== Changes in man-pages-3.34 ====================

Released: 2011-09-23, Munich

New and rewritten pages
-----------------------

rt_sigqueueinfo.2
Michael Kerrisk [Stephan Mueller]
New page for rt_sigqueueinfo(2) and rt_tgsigqueueinfo(2)
This replaces the previous '.so' man page link file for
rt_sigqueueinfo.2, which linked to this sigqueue() man page.

cciss.4
Stephen M. Cameron
New man page for cciss driver
I obtained the information in this man page as a consequence
of having worked on the cciss driver for the past several years,
and having written considerable portions of it.
Michael Kerrisk
Copyedit by mtk

hpsa.4
Stephen M. Cameron
New man page for the hpsa driver
I obtained the information in this man page as a consequence
of being the main author of the hpsa driver.
Michael Kerrisk
Copyedits my mtk

Newly documented interfaces in existing pages

fstatat.2
Michael Kerrisk [David Howells]
Document AT_NO_AUTOMOUNT
This flag was added in Linux 2.6.38.

lseek.2
Michael Kerrisk [Eric Blake, Sunil Mushran]
Document SEEK_HOLE and SEEK_DATA
These flags, designed for discovering holes in a file,
were added in Linux 3.1. Included comments from Eric
Blake and Sunil Mushran.

madvise.2
Doug Goldstein
Add MADV_HUGEPAGE and MADV_NOHUGEPAGE
Document the MADV_HUGEPAGE and MADV_NOHUGEPAGE flags added to
madvise() in Linux 2.6.38.

Changes to individual pages
---------------------------

prctl.2
Paul Pluzhnikov
PR_SET_DUMPABLE makes process non-ptrace-attachable

readlink.2
Guillem Jover
Document using st_size to allocate the buffer

sched_setscheduler.2
Michael Kerrisk
Document 2.6.39 changes to rules governing changes from
SCHED_IDLE policy
Since Linux 2.6.39, unprivileged processes under the
SCHED_IDLE policy can switch to another nonrealtime
policy if their nice value falls within the range
permitted by their RLIMIT_NICE limit.

sigqueue.3
Michael Kerrisk
Move this page to section 3
Now that the underlying system call rt_sigqueueinfo(2) is
properly documented, move sigqueue() to Section 3, since
it is really a library function.

feature_test_macros.7
Michael Kerrisk
Document _ISOC95_SOURCE
_ISOC95_SOURCE was added in glibc 2.12 as a means
to expose C90 Amendment 1 definitions.

ip.7
Benjamin Poirier [Neil Horman]
Improve description of IP_MTU_DISCOVER