Re: [Regression] Laptop screen dark when lid closed and reopened.with 3.1

From: Alex Davis
Date: Sun Sep 25 2011 - 09:29:49 EST

Action: close lid, open lid, and press return key.

Result with 3.0.x: password dialog appears. This is the correct result.

Result with git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~keithp/linux: screen is dark.
Manually adjusting the brightness reveals a functioning mouse cursor, but
no password dialog. Switching to a text console and back to the X session
reveals the dialog.

Result with 3.1rc7 with aaa6fd2a004147bf32fce05720938236de3361d9 reverted:
screen with a functioning mouse cursor, but no password dialog. Switching
to a text console and back to the X session reveals the dialog. Brightness
cannot be controlled.