Re: Regression: i915 blank issue on kernel 3.1.0-rc3

From: Woody Suwalski
Date: Sun Sep 25 2011 - 10:23:46 EST

Keith Packard wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:02:05 -0400, Woody Suwalski<terraluna977@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Chris, I do not know if it is i915 driver or X'drm or what..
Problem exists on 3.1.0, no problem on 3.0.3
Any way you could narrow it down a bit more? A bisect should sort it out
pretty quickly, given that you've got working code in 3.0 and
not-working code in 3.1-rc. You can start by manually bisecting across the
3.1 release candidates, and then narrow it down from there by bisecting
only across the drivers/gpu/drm/i915 directory.

I see that now more people are reporting a blanker problem. I guess kernel.org downtime is really impacting testing...

Anyway, for Eeepc reverting the

aaa6fd2a004147bf32fce05720938236de3361d9

seems to be fixing the issue. Which is not of course the way we want to go ;-(

Woody