Re: [159/244] ipc/mqueue.c: fix mq_open() return value

From: Doug Ledford
Date: Thu Sep 29 2011 - 14:54:12 EST

----- Original Message -----
> Um, that's the way this patch is upstream, right? So perhaps it
> should
> be fixed there first and then I can take the fix into -stable?

Upstream is a bit of a fuzzy statement ;-) It might be in -next, but it's not in Linus' tree or Andrew's -mm tree or else my recent patches would have conflicted. And in fact, upon further reflection, I think maybe that particular test could use being split into two distinct tests. One for wrapping the byte counter, which would return -ENOMEM, and one for exceeding RLIMIT_MSGQUEUE which would return -EPERM (not sure if that's right, I would have to poke around elsewhere, but it seems a better response when you are violating a ulimit than nomem to me anyway).

--
Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx>
GPG KeyID: CFBFF194