Re: Workaround for Intel MPS errata

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Mon Oct 03 2011 - 06:12:24 EST

On 10/03/2011 06:58 AM, Jon Mason wrote:
On Sun, Oct 02, 2011 at 11:26:12AM +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
> On 09/30/2011 03:16 AM, Jon Mason wrote:
> >Hey Avi,
> >Can you try this patch? It should resolve the issue you are seeing.
>
> It doesn't; the fixup: label is not reached (though I do have an
> 0x25d4 device).
>
> -- > error compiling committee.c: too many arguments to function

I found a system with a 5000X Memory controller (which should have the
same errata). It doesn't have the faulty bit (perhaps better BIOS). I
was able to findout why the code in the previous patch wasn't working,
but wasn't able to cause the crash by setting the bit from the errata.
The reworked version of the previous patch found below should resolve
the issue. Please test it if you can.

Will be happy to test, but patch appears to be against a different tree?

$ git apply -C2 .git/rebase-apply/patch
.git/rebase-apply/patch:75: trailing whitespace, shock horror.
*
Context reduced to (2/2) to apply fragment at 1362
Context reduced to (2/2) to apply fragment at 1475
error: patch failed: drivers/pci/probe.c:1433
error: drivers/pci/probe.c: patch does not apply