Re: Re: Re: BUG in kernel: Wrong Handling of USB HDD’s in scsiglue(slave_configure) and scsi/sd(sd_read_cache_type)

From: Alan Stern
Date: Tue Oct 04 2011 - 10:10:32 EST

On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, Amit Sahrawat wrote:

> Not able to get tools which can show the Caching Information when
> connected USB device to Windows 7(Except one option which allows for
> optimizing Performance by enabling/disabling Cache - But that option
> is available for all the Mass storage device) - Please let me know if
> there is option to view this.

I have no idea.

> So, I have collected USB analyzer logs for Device after connected to
> Windows 7. Please find the attached logs.

It would be more informative if your logs did not show the initial
connection, but did show what happens when you write a small file to
the drive and then go through the "Safely Remove Hardware" procedure.

The real question is whether or not Windows sends a SYNCHRONIZE CACHE
command to the drive.

Alan Stern