[optical drive auto-load] [patch request] Add debugging messagesto optical drive auto-loadtray.

From: Mike Mestnik
Date: Tue Oct 04 2011 - 14:24:48 EST

Hello,
There is an application hammering the first optical drive and I'd like
to discover it's pid and perhaps the name of it's executable. The
application triggers the drive's auto-loadtray and causes this lovely
feature to become unusable. :(

https://bugs.launchpad.net/linux/+bug/283316/comments/181

I'd like a patch that I could use for testing that would indicate the
application(by pid or path) that causes any of the drives
auto-load/eject features. These events should be rare enough on every
system to always be logged at an information level.

Please CC me in responses.

On a related note the drives I have require a delay(about 7 seconds)
from the time the tray is indicated as loaded to when the drive is ready
to process read requests. This causes mount to fail, I've used 'eject
-t $drv; sleep 7; mount $drv;' to counteract this.

The drive is Brand: LG Type: BlueRay Name: Super Multi Blue Model: CH08

arcadia:~# hdparm -i /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0:

Model=HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH08LS10, FwRev=2.00, SerialNo=H94993B4515
Config={ Fixed Removeable DTR<=5Mbs DTR>10Mbs nonMagnetic }
RawCHS=0/0/0, TrkSize=0, SectSize=0, ECCbytes=0
BuffType=unknown, BuffSize=unknown, MaxMultSect=0
(maybe): CurCHS=0/0/0, CurSects=0, LBA=yes, LBAsects=0
IORDY=on/off, tPIO={min:120,w/IORDY:120}, tDMA={min:120,rec:120}
PIO modes: pio0 pio3 pio4
DMA modes: mdma0 mdma1 mdma2
UDMA modes: udma0 udma1 udma2 udma3 udma4 udma5 *udma6
AdvancedPM=no
Drive conforms to: Unspecified: ATA/ATAPI-4,5,6,7

* signifies the current active mode