Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the arm-soc tree

From: Nicolas Ferre
Date: Fri Oct 07 2011 - 05:10:12 EST

On 10/06/2011 02:13 AM, Stephen Rothwell :
> Hi Arnd,
>
> On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 09:40:12 +0200 Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tuesday 04 October 2011, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>>> After merging the arm-soc tree, today's linux-next build
>>> (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:
>>>
>>> ERROR: "clk_enable" [drivers/misc/atmel_pwm.ko] undefined!
>>> ERROR: "clk_disable" [drivers/misc/atmel_pwm.ko] undefined!
>>> ERROR: "clk_put" [drivers/misc/atmel_pwm.ko] undefined! ERROR:
>>> "clk_get_rate" [drivers/misc/atmel_pwm.ko] undefined! ERROR:
>>> "clk_get" [drivers/misc/atmel_pwm.ko] undefined!
>>>
>>> Caused by commit 9dccc010c816 ("ARM: at91: remove dependency
>>> for Atmel PWM driver selector in Kconfig").
>>>
>>> I have used the arm-soc tree from next-20110930 for today.
>>
>> Ah, thanks for tracking this down. I actually noticed the same
>> problem on an ARM build but did not realize it was from one of
>> the patches I had jut put in there myself.
>>
>> I'm really glad I didn't send this to Linus cc:stable yet then.
>> Nicolas, in my randconfig branch, I've fixed this by adding
>>
>> depends on HAVE_CLK
>>
>> which I think is the right solution. I'll replace your patch with
>> one that does this if you don't mind.
>>
>> I'd also remove the stable tag for this patch, because it can
>> have unintended side-effects on other architectures.
>
> I am still getting the failure ...

Well, on my side, applying Arnd's correction, I can run a x86_64
allmodconfig without this error.

With this new dependency it seems impossible to even select the driver.

Do you have a link to a log of this failure? Have the .config been
re-generated?

Best regards,
--
Nicolas Ferre