Re: Kernel: low stack detected by irq handler

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Oct 07 2011 - 08:02:50 EST

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 17:11:05 +0530
"Satish Burnwal (sburnwal)" <sburnwal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello experts,
> I have recently moved from kernel 2.6.18-128 to 2.6.18-194. I have my
> own kernel module also (click). With the new 2.6.18-194 version of
> kernel, I am getting this error:
>
> Kernel: low stack detected by irq handler

You are using too much stack basically and the kernel is catching this.
The call trace should let you work out which path through your code is
the problem.

You've got an IRQ in the middle so it may well be its the combination of
too much stack being used by the main code paths and an IRQ at just the
wrong moment causing further high stack usage in the IRQ path that tips
it over the edge.