Re: MODULE_LICENSE("GPL") not working for me

From: Stephen Williams
Date: Fri Oct 07 2011 - 13:20:50 EST

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Stephen Williams <steveicarus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have some large drivers for use in embedded arm systems, and
> I want them to be GPL, because I want to use some symbols exported
> as GPL, and also because I just wanna. But it is not working for
> me. I've attached my Makefile. I'm building from outside the kernel
> tree, but that should be OK. (right?) I'm using the following script to
> actually build:

More information: I can see that the vidfor.o object file, indeed
none of my *.o files, have a .modinfo section. In other situations
where the licens stamp works, the .modinfo section is present.
I'm using the CodeSourcery build of the arm toolchain, and in
the simple cases (module that is a single source file) the
modinfo information works. Hmm...

--
Steve Williams                "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
steve at icarus.com           But I have promises to keep,