Re: MODULE_LICENSE("GPL") not working for me

From: Stephen Williams
Date: Fri Oct 07 2011 - 20:36:29 EST

I've attached the Makefile as I have it so far, and I've also attached the
output from make ... V=2. The Makefile is a canonical multi-object-file
module makefile, with some extra trappings for version stamping
and my source code management.

When I look at the object files, NONE of the generated *.o files contains
a .modinfo section, even though there are MODULE_LICENSE("GPL");
lines in the linux.c source file.

Incidentally, the source files in the ../libvidforio directory are generic,
so do not include any kernel header files.

--
Steve Williams                "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
steve at icarus.com           But I have promises to keep,