[3.1-rc9] kernel tried to execute NX-protected... w/ page fault

From: Matthias Dahl
Date: Sat Oct 08 2011 - 02:20:56 EST

Hey everyone.

Since kernel.org is now up and running again, I thought I'd give 3.1-rc9 a whirl
and ran into the attached bug ("kernel tried to execute NX-protected..." with
page fault) which I never ever ran into before. And considering all the security
issues that have happened over the last few month, the "exploit warning" really
gets one thinking. ;) So I thought I better post it here and see if there is
any reason to be concerned. :-)

Thanks for taking a look.

So long,
matthias

PS. Please cc' for I am not subscribed to the list. Thanks a lot.