Serieal console on Samsung S3C6410 ARM11 CPU (Was [ANNOUNCE] 3.0.6-rt17)

From: Juergen Beisert
Date: Sat Oct 08 2011 - 07:31:12 EST

Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce the 3.0.6-rt17 release.

I have no idea where to search, but when I'm using the 3.0.6-rt17 on my
Samsung S3C6410 ARM based system, the UART (serial console) does not work as
expected. Typing only one char at a time is okay. Typing two chars
immediately makes the system using 100 % CPU load and takes about 2 seconds
to respond. It seems the interrupt handling is broken in the UART driver, but
I don't know how to fix it.

This with a simple cursor up (one char to get the last command) and a small
pause to the next "ENTER" char:

root@mini6410:~ cat /proc/interrupts | grep 18:
18: 5739107 s3c-uart s3c6400-uart

Same again:

root@mini6410:~ cat /proc/interrupts | grep 18:
18: 5739113 s3c-uart s3c6400-uart

6 interrupts seems reasonable.

Now with cursor up and SPACE immediately, then a pause for ENTER:

root@mini6410:~ cat /proc/interrupts | grep 18:
18: 5923815 s3c-uart s3c6400-uart

184702 interrupts looks strange.

jbe