Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.0.6-rt17

From: Maarten Lankhorst
Date: Sat Oct 08 2011 - 16:56:30 EST

On 10/07/2011 03:15 AM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> Dear RT Folks,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the 3.0.6-rt17 release.
>
> After chasing weird RCU stalls and hung task messages for quite some
> time a massive collaborative effort was able to track down and fix
> this showstopper. Explanation from the changelog:
snip.

+static int __init dmi_disable_hpet_msi(const struct dmi_system_id *d)
+{
+ hpet_msi_disable = 1;
+}

I just noticed this from watching build output after upgrading from rt14, shouldn't it return a value?

Also, I sent something about memory cgroups to linux-rt-users, but never received a reply, is that ml still used?

Cheers,
Maarten