Re: kernel.org status: establishing a PGP web of trust

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Sat Oct 08 2011 - 17:16:35 EST

On 10/08/2011 10:59 AM, Jon Masters wrote:

Good point about being pedantic, and the rest of your comments :) I
understand that I'm taking this a little far but I'm just trying to
point out one particular gaping hole in the way these things are
currently done. One reason I stopped doing keysigning parties is that I
realized they were mostly a show. You turn up and get a key signed and
then everyone is impressed that you're in the strong set...wupdedoo. Not
that I've anything against signing stuff on kernel.org and trying to
improve things (I've long directly signed everything on master with my
own keys in slight violation of policy, but that turned out to right).

Not so much in violation of policy... we just couldn't get people to do it.

-hpa