Re: [Linux-cachefs] 3.0.3 64-bit Crash running fscache/cachefilesd

From: David Howells
Date: Wed Oct 12 2011 - 05:27:40 EST

Mark Moseley <moseleymark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> [37818.485559] kernel BUG at fs/fscache/object-list.c:64!
> >
> > Hmmm...  An object is being added to the object list twice.  It may
> > indicate a free before an object is finished with.  Do you have slab
> > debugging turned on?
>
> It's compiled in but not currently enabled. Should I do so?

It can't be turned on or off dynamically. If CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB is enabled, then
it's switched on.

> And anything I should be looking for in it?

The BUG that you encountered would suggest a piece of memory is still in use as
far as parts of fscache is concerned - but it's just been produced by the slab
allocator again. This is the sort of thing the slab debugger might catch.

David